Get Rid Of Varicose Veins Today!
The Vein Center of Brinton Lakes Offers a Variety of Treatment Options
What Are Varicose Veins?
- Venous insufficiency is a very common condition in which “one-way” valves within the veins of the legs do not function properly.
- When these valves become diseased, they do not close effectively, which allows blood to travel in the wrong direction.
- This results in an abnormal accumulation of blood within the calf and ankle. Such backward flow is known as reflux.
- The backward or reflux contributes to the formation of elongated, rope-like varicose veins which can be unsightly and uncomfortable.
Are Varicose Veins Common?
- Approximately half of the population of the United States suffers from venous disease (50-55% of women and 40-45% of men).
- Of these, 20-50% of the women and 10-15% of the men will have visible varicose veins
- Varicose veins affects 1 out of 2 individuals age 50 and older and 15-25% of all adults
- Risk factors include: Age, Family History, Gender, Long Periods of Standing and Pregnancy
The Good News is Varicose Veins Can Be Treated!
What Are My Treatment Options?
Vein Center of Brinton Lakes offers three minimally invasive treatment options for varicose veins. There is no “best” treatment option but your physician will be able to recommend the best treatment for you.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: uses heat to seal diseased veins with minimal scarring (also known as thermal ablation) with a high success rate.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: removes varicose veins using tiny nicks and incisions, with a low chance of veins reappearing.
- Foam Sclerotherapy: is a procedure similar to sclerotherapy, but the liquid agent is in a foam form to be more effective for larger veins.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
You don’t need to live with varicose veins anymore. The Vein Center at Brinton Lake will provide personalized treatment that will get you on your way to living free of varicose veins!
*Please note, individual results may vary