Venous insufficiency is a common condition that affects close to half of the United States population. In fact, 50 percent of women and 40 percent of men have venous disease.
Risk Factors for Venous Disease
Though so much of the population is affected by venous disease, there are certain risk factors that make people more susceptible to it including:
- Gender – Females are more likely to suffer from visible varicose veins
- Pregnancy – Multiple pregnancies can worsen the look of varicose veins
- Family history of venous disease
- Obesity – Overweight people tend to have more visible varicose veins
- Profession – People who stand a lot tend at work tend to suffer from chronic venous disease
VNUS Closure Procedure to Treat Venous Disease
Vein Center at Brinton Lake provides patients throughout Pennsylvania with relief from chronic venous disease. The VNUS Closure Procedure provides many benefits over other procedures, such as vein stripping:
- Painless and quick.
- Unlike other procedures, such as vein stripping, the Closure procedure involved only making a small incision, which eliminates pain and bruising.
- Patients are able to resume normal activity within one to two days of the procedure being done.
- All patients see a great cosmetic outcome with minimal scarring, bruising or swelling.
- Most major health insurers cover the procedure
Consult Vein Center at Brinton Lake today for information on the VNUS Closure Procedure.